Lakeland is a pretty town, full of lakes as you might expect, with lots of swans and other waterfowl that I attempted to capture on camera with coaching from Rob, who is a talented professional photographer.
We spent a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom and were amazed by the detail that went into creating a convincing representation of the African savannah and the Kenyan marketplace. We saw giraffes, rhinos, elephants, and other animals whose exotic names I can't remember, none of whom would stand still and pose while I focused my camera. I recommend the buffet lunch at Tuskers Restaurant. The meal included salads, roasts, seafood, and vegetable selections, some with African spices, and some not. The four of us tried to taste everything. We left pleasantly stuffed.
Another excursion took us to Tarpon Springs which is famous for its history of sponge diving and for its Greek population. We ate at Paul's Restaurant where the food was good tasting, but the two men had sick stomachs after ingesting the scallops.
Riley enjoyed the visit in Lakeland, too. He got to walk around Lake Hollingsworth and meet new friends.
Looks like it is still cool down there, based on your jackets? Hope it is better than it look!
ReplyDelete