Stop the world; I want to get off! I never thought I'd see the day when I wanted to get off the boat because it was rocking and rolling too much! And we're tied - almost macramaed - to the dock! Since our first night here, the winds have been viscious, and the surge from the lake has made us feel like we're on a bucking bronco on a roller coaster.
Judy tried cooking, but burned herself when the pot and stove wouldn't stay still. So we are dining out in restaurants that have still floors. We still feel like we're rocking though.
While Bob was installing the new stove, Judy and I rode bikes out to the pier to see what the lake looks like. There are 5 and 6 foot waves inside the end of the river. We saw one crazy boater head out then change his mind and come back. A second boat of about 27 feet went
Every night we watch Grand Haven's famous fountain dance to colored lights and music right across from the marina. This spectacular show is reputed to be the largest display of its kind.
Carol-
ReplyDeleteThe fountains look great and beautiful but wow...what HORRIBLE weather!!