I treated myself to a pedicure today. What a treat! I feel like a girl again!
When we walked back to the marina after doing the laundry in a real laundromat with over 30 machines, we noticed several Great Loop Cruising Associatiion flags. Later I got to show off my shiny toes when the trawler, Morningside. hosted a “docktail party” on their bridge for the crews of Pookie II, Riff Raff, and TBBG (I think I got the correct letters!). It was great to meet a group of fellow Loopers. We were the "newbies" among them. They shared stories and advice and warned us of things to watch out for with their tales of long waits for weather a weather window to cross the Gulf of Mexico, of broken generators and engines, boats going aground or being set adrift by vandals at the docks. Who knows what stories we’ll have to tell as our trip progresses.
Riley got a pedicure, too. Bob held him while I trimmed 2 paws, then we switched places. All 3 of us hate it. Riley makes noises of pain before we even snip. Riley, too, made a few new friends. He’s always anxious to show other dogs that he’s the boss. I’m sure he showed off his toes, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment