Gee, those seagulls on the breakwater were delighted to see us arrive in Harbor Beach! They announced our arrival in their loudest squawks! We were also welcomed by dozen or so hawks that performed a fly over just after we docked.
We took the shuttle to town, did laundry, and I walked - and walked - to the small market to pick up a few groceries.
We had a nice chat with some sailing friends whom we seem to run into once or twice every boating season at one marina or the other.
The grand finale of the day came in 2 acts. First was a rainbow and then the clouds parted like a curtain on the stage to reveal a glowing full moon.
Hi Carol and Bob!
ReplyDeleteMy mom sent me the link to your blog so I've been living vicariously through your travels! Sounds like you're having an amazing time and I look forward to seeing you when you come through this way.
Have a great trip,
April Steele
I can't believe that you actually had to buy parkas.
ReplyDeleteI remember when we were young my parents took all five of us to Mackinaw Island and had to buy seven warm coats.
This is a strange summer so far. Actually I wonder when it is going to start.
Enjoy your journey across the bay and be safe.
Wish you guys were going to be at Lisa's Wedding.