Here, the clouds have closed in over us and we're expecting wind and rain, but not extreme weather. Someone just posted signs advertising a "Hurricane Haven" party between the stilts under the office tomorrow.
For those of you who inquired about the "Pass the Peas, Please" festival, it's a mystery. Several of us ladies went in
to town, wandered around the Christmas themed festival in the shopping district, and an antique show, but no one knew about the Peas. At the antique show I found a beautiful, filigree silver piece with a curved handle called a bonbonniere that I am told was held over a servant's arm and used to present nuts and candies to guests. The $1250 price tag was a bit too sweet for me though.
You know, as a frequent guest, I'd settle for nuts and candies presented in an ordinary soup spoon. ;) Hope all is well after Ida's remnants pass through.
ReplyDelete