First a glimmer, then a ray, and then a sky full of sunshine visited us yesterday and remains today. The temperature rose to a blazing 69 degrees. We peeled down to shirt sleeves and opened every hatch, window, and porthole to let the air freshen the boat.
Before that we had days and nights of pouring rain. Two nights ago we tried vainly to sleep while winds whipped across the open bay to our starboard side and rocked and twisted the floating dock and all the boats attached to it. Thankfully, we're near the shore end of the dock. It was worse at the unattached end.
We've been traveling with the sailboat Laura Lee. They've had trouble starting their boat, so they ordered a new starter. Somehow it got shipped elsewhere and won't arrive here for a few more days, so we're sitting tight. Perhaps all the debris and current from the rains will be washed southward ahead of us and we won't have to deal with it by the time we leave.
Meantime, Bob's on deck cleaning the mildew out every compartment and their contents, and letting it all air dry. I'm baking him a German chocolate cake. I think I'll help him, so I can bask in the sunshine.
How to Buy A New-To-You-Car
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment